Carnet de Passages

Carnet de Passages are documents which allow the temporary import of vehicles into some countries without paying customs. Such documents are required for certain countries, especially in Africa. According to the ADAC ( german AAA ), a carnet de passages is also required in many south-american countries:

ADAC – Carnet de Passates (german)

However many travelers reported that no carnet is needed. We decided to trust them and did not apply for a carnet de passages. You need to pay about 250 euro fee to get such a document and in addition you need to provide some financial securities. Anyway, if worst comes to worst, we can still try to get one locally.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s